Sunday, January 30, 2011

not-so-old school sunday

I certainly would've posted these sooner, but you know...moving to Texas and all. These are photos taken by the amazing photographer Jenn Lewis of Cohen's baby shower. If you're wondering if looking through these photos makes me miss people, you don't know the half of it.


Angie and Paige, listening to my apparently fascinating story telling:

Erica, one of my "Girls' Night" girls:

Patrice. Who may or may not have cried. Of course, I wouldn't embarrass her by publicly outing that fact.

Patrice and Lindsey. If I could reach through a computer and give a huge hug, I would.

...and ditto:
Sweet Beth and Jill:

Opening presents!

Little did we know this simple sock money would soon be Jude's best Mee-Hee:




Have you ever seen sweeter or more beautiful people? That night was such a fun evening for me. Beyond the fact that I got presents (always a bonus to any gathering), I felt like I was being blessed to just hang out with some of my closest friends. It was incredible to watch my friends rejoicing in that pregnancy right alongside with me, and to know that they loved Cohen before he was even born. That's quite the baby shower, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not embarrassed. Crying is my spiritual gift! :) I love you too, and those photos make me miss you even more. I'm excited to plan our trip! Come on, August 12th!(Not to rush the baby or anything.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I don't cry, because she cries enough for the both of us :) But honestly, the pictures come dangerously close to making me cry. We all miss you so, so much. Praying you and your family get well soon. Love!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would reach through and hug you right back if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love making people cry! :) Miss you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete