Wednesday, July 1, 2009

hi ho, hi ho, it's off to camp we go

This summer is the first summer since I was in 3rd grade that I did not attend or volunteer at camp. Go ahead and call me crazy, but I love me some camp. Even last year, when I was fairly rotund, I still managed to haul my baby carrying self to our church's Jr. High week of camp. I love camp. I love the bunks, I love the lack of technology, I love the time with God through nature, I love the food, I love not wearing make up, I love the zipline, I love being a team leader, I love teaching, I love seeing the same kids coming back year after year and watching them grow. I love me some camp.

This year, though, Jude and I stayed home during camp week and Shawn enjoyed a camp vacation filled with bug bites, sleepless nights, communal showering, and Jr. High kids who haven't quite figured out the wonders of deodorant yet. Jude and I have missed the mess out of Shawn (really, really, really missed him!), but we were able to visit Shawn at camp for the day - thanks to our friend Katie, who let us go with her. Even though it was Jude's first (I guess technically second) time at camp, he knew just what to do.

First things first. Staying hydrated at camp is very important. What Jude doesn't know is that bottle is actually chock full of caffeine. Lesson Number Two? Staying highly caffeinated at camp is also very, very important.

Once you're thoroughly hydrated, it's important that you socialize with other campers. A great way to do so is to play the ever popular game - carpetball.


To really get into the camp spirit, you can even sign your name on the carpetball table or the walls!

You can't forget the awesome teaching and worship times at camp. It's important to pay attention...and to not play with your shoe.

We also got to eat lunch with Daddy and the kids, where Jude was introduced to the fun table games we play at camp during mealtimes. We had a lot of fun, and it was really nice to see Shawn for a little bit. This one wasn't taken at camp, but I just couldn't resist including his cute kissable cheeks -

If you have a free minute, head over the Serwa Chic blog and help me pick a tagline for the business. I'm terribly stuck and indecisive about this - I've been waffling back and forth for days. I'd love to know your opinion : help me pick a serwa chic tagline.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean... being in nature makes me feel closer to God too! Jude is stinkin' cute! :)

    I had to laugh when you talked about the jr. high "stink" because my hubby is a 6th grade teacher so I hear about that on warm days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies sure do love bottles! Here's my guy with his...lol

    http://minnesotajo.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!! I think I found it via Jonah's to study your cloth diapers.

    Very cute pictures from camp.

    Blessings,
    Jennifer from down south... (Bolivia!)

    ReplyDelete