Friday, July 10, 2009

letter to jude

Dear Jude,



Today, sweet boy, you are eight months old. Daddy and and I can hardly believe how quickly you're growing! In the past month, you've learned how to crawl, how to pull up, how to stick your tongue out and blow raspberries, and how to prettymuch be the cutest boy in the world.



I asked Daddy if he wanted me to relay anything to you, and he wants to say, "You're my best buddy, Jude, and I really love hanging out with you." You definitely have turned from a non-responsive (adorable, but non-responsive) infant to a joyful, interactive toddler. I love watching your face light up when Mommy or Daddy come into the room, and it really is cool to see how much you smile (trying to show off those two impressive bottom teeth, I guess).



Just the other day, you were playing happily while I was cutting fabric. You had pulled up on this play piano toy and were having a blast playing the keys with your stomach and grabbing the toys on top. Out of the blue you stopped, turned to look at me, stuck your tongue out, and smiled. Your face broke out in a grin when I smiled back at you and said, "Hey baby," and then you went on your merry way, playing with your piano again.



In the past month, you've also continued to consistently sleep through the night, AND...you've started taking long naps! Instead of waking up crying, you're waking up and babbling or playing with your pacifier. Looks like we're all very happy with this long nap taking thing, huh?



Eight months ago, you changed our lives, Jude. You've stolen my heart, dear boy, and I pray you never give it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment