Thursday, July 9, 2009

Serwa Chic

...I know that while many of you are excited about what I'm doing with Serwa Chic, not all of you check the Serwa Chic Blog often (totally understandable - especially if you're not particularly interested in cloth diapering). Still, this whole business thing is a big part of what's going on with our family, so I thought I'd update you on the happenings. Yes, I copied and pasted this from the Serwa Chic blog. I'm a busy gal, gimmie a break!

Oh my, have I been busy! You know, I never thought of my myself as an entrepreneur (and just in case you're wondering - yes, I did have to look up how to spell that word), but it turns out that I apparently had a latent businesswoman in there, just waitin' to bust out.Thanks to all of your blog comments, facebook comments, and emails - I now have a tagline! It looks like you guys were tied between: Super Chic. Super Cheap. Earth Friendly Diapering and ...for the earth loving, money saving hippie in us all, both of which were my favorites as well. After much thought, I ended up deciding on......

...for the earth loving, money saving hippie in us all

mostly because it makes me laugh. :) You all gave me such great ideas, and I really did have so much fun thinking through the possibilities.In other news, I also now have an official website! No longer do I need to direct people to a blog to get information (which can get confusing - having to scroll down and find the right entry to find info is a pain), I can now tell people to visit http://www.serwachic.com/! How cool is that?!

One of the reasons it took me so long to get a website up and running was because I wasn't sure how to allow people to order from the website. After looking at a ton of ecommerce solutions and packages, I decided to integrate my "Products" page with hyenacart. I figured it was silly to pay a ton of money (which would translate in having to charge more) for an ecommerce package when hyenacart works great, can be customized to fit in really well with the website, and has very low fees. With hyenacart, you can pay with PayPal, Credit Card, Bank Account, Check, or Money Order. So to order, check out the Products page of our new website, and if anything is a pain or confusing - please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

It might be hard to believe that news could get ANY more exciting than a new tagline and a new website, right? Oh, but that's where you'd be wrong, my friend. You see, Serwa Chic Fitted Diapers will soon be stocked at O Baby Organics in Winston-Salem, NC! Can you believe it?! I'm working my rear-end off at the moment to get the diapers made as quickly as possible and am really looking forward to seeing them stocked in a store. I would include lots of exclamation points at this point, but it would require at least two hundred to express my excitement, so we'll just suffice it to say that I'm SUPER excited! Hmmm...could I use a form of the word "excited" any more times in a paragraph?

2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME Jen!!! I'm EXCITED for you!!! :) I still think you need to check in with Hip Chics Boutique too about stocking them there. But then, you'd probably need a staff to keep up. :) Let me know if you need me to do some photos of them for you!

    ~jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How cool! I am so excited for you and proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete