Saturday, December 20, 2008

3/18/2008

And Thursday could not come soon enough! As of today, I'm 6 weeks 2 days, according to my last period. I had a couple of days of spotting last weekend and again on Sunday night, which has caused our doctor to order an early ultrasound. Shawn and I are both really looking forward to hearting the heartbeat and having some of our fears put at rest. I am learning, however, that there is ALWAYS one more thing to worry about. First I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get pregnant, now I'm worried about miscarrying, next I'll be worrying about birth defects, then I'll be worried about a difficult labor, then I'll have the rest of this child's life to worry about him/her. It's hard, but we're practicing NOW Jesus' words in Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No comments:

Post a Comment