Sunday, June 21, 2009

to jude's favorite daddy

I don't know what happened. I turned my back for two minutes, and Jude was typing a blog post on the computer. Crazy kid.

Let me tell you about my Daddy. See, I have the best Daddy in the world. He loves me a whole lot even when I'm being a cranky pants and doesn't ever get mad at me.


This Daddy of mine, we do all sorts of stuff together. He's not a Daddy who is always gone all the time, and I'm really glad for that. He's a Daddy who really likes to take care of me and spend time with me. And you know what? I really like to spend time with him, too. We do lots of stuff together. Daddy likes to read to me:


Sometimes he likes to give me rides on his shoulders, too! Daddy likes to throw me around a lot more than Mommy does, and I love it!




Every once in awhile Daddy will let me watch a game, The Muppet Show, or Yo Gabba Gabba with him! Daddy makes me smile when he gets really excited!



I especially love mornings with my Daddy. I laugh a lot when he peeks out of the covers at me, and we just like to chill together. Mommy is kind of crazy in the mornings, always zipping around and doing stuff. But my Daddy - he gets that sometimes you just gotta chill.

My favorite thing to do is to be held by my Daddy. I love to cuddle with him, and you know what? He makes me feel safe.
My Daddy also really likes to tell me about Jesus. I'm so lucky to have a Daddy who loves God so much.


But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning, okay? See, before I came along, it was just Mommy and Daddy. They tell me they got a lot of sleep back in those days, but I don't know why they were sleeping when there's so much cool stuff to do in this world! MommyDaddy decided to have me, and they say that they were really excited and a little bit nervous. Mommy tells me she was kind of a basket case (no surprise there), and that Daddy really helped her a lot. That sure does sound like the Daddy I know - strong, steady, and calm. He sure does take great care of Mommy and me.


I remember the first time I saw my Daddy. I knew right then and there that I would be well cared for. I could tell just by looking at him that he loved me a whole lot and would be the best Daddy that he knew how to be.


Yeah, me and Daddy have had a bond since the beginning. Sometimes I get tired of everyone else holding me, and I just want my Daddy. I sure hope I grow up to be like him.


Daddy, you're the best. I know you work hard, and I know you have a lot of expectations on you from other people. I know you are sometimes exhausted, and I'm amazed by how you do everything you do. It means a lot to me that you stay home with me on Mondays and take me into work with you on Fridays. I love spending time with you, Daddy, and I love watching you and learning from you. I love it when you spin me around, when you sing me silly songs, when you teach me stuff, when we have Dancey Dance time, when you make my legs kick back and forth, when you read books to me, and when you give me kisses. You're just about the best Daddy a Judeabug could ever wish for. Thank you, Daddy, for taking care of me and protecting me. I love you so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment