Wednesday, January 6, 2010

sorry 'bout that

Wow, a whopping three days between posts! What have you people done without that Jude goodness in your lives?! Oh...you didn't notice? My bad.

Shawn and I are back at it and hitting the ground running with work, so truthfully, I've just been busy. I introduced a new product at Serwa Chic that has just taken off like gangbusters, so most of my free time right now has been spent cutting, sewing, packaging, and repeating. Trust me, I'm thrilled about this, it just means less time for other stuff. So beyond all that work stuff, what's going on in the Maurer house?

Jude and I seem to have finally gotten over our long string of colds, so we're both back to our jolly, sweet selves. He's getting really good at understanding questions and commands, which is amazing to see. For instance, we can say, "Jude, do you want to take a nap?" and he'll start walking back to his room for a nap. He's also starting to understand more complicated games. My favorite is the "Growly Monster" game. I lay down on the floor and pretend to be sleeping (snoring loudly, as any good pretend sleeper would). Jude runs over to me growling, and pounces on me. I screech, "Oh no! The Growly Monster's got me! The only way to escape is to...kiss him to death!" I kiss him a whole lot and lay him down on the other side of the room, and say, "Phew, that was a close one. Now that the Growly Monster is defeated, I can take a nap," and the game starts all over again.

Wait, should I be embarrassed by this?

Little Baby No-Name Maurer seems to be doing just fine in there. We have an appointment on Monday to hear the heartbeat, but I feel confident that everything is okay. I'm still gagging, my jeans aren't fitting right, I'm up at least twice at night to pee, and am ready for bed by 9:30. So...the baby seems to be right on schedule with the wreaking havoc on my body. Apparently this week the baby's iris' can function and its little ears have been formed. Oh, and with the kidney function he/she has gained this week, it can now pee. Yummy, huh?

Shawn got me a new camera for my birthday (have I mentioned how amazing he is?) and this one doesn't click when it takes videos! I have a couple to share, but couldn't upload them today. I'll try again, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time that Jude walks to his room when you ask him to take a nap, instead of running the other direction like a wild banshee while screaming. Not that my kids EVER do that.

    ReplyDelete