Friday, April 16, 2010

words

After spending way too much time whining to get what he needed, Jude is finally starting to use words (and sign language) consistently to communicate with us. As of yesterday, he could say juice, cheese, and all done. Juice and cheese sound very much alike, and all done sounds more like, "aye duh," but I'll take it! And as a bonus, he exaggerates his lips quite a bit when saying juice, and it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Baby Deuce is a little over 23 weeks along, and seems to be doing just great. I'm actually watching my tummy move and roll right now as he makes himself right at home in my uterus. About a week ago I went from, "Oh yeah, I am pregnant. I forget sometimes because I can still move about like normal," to "I'm a whale and it takes me ten minutes to get off the floor." I'm remembering all of the fun aches and pains, groans and ooomphs, and what Shawn affectionately calls my pregnancy waddle. Which Jude is starting to imitate. Nothing makes me feel better than to see my 18 month old son waddle through our house with his belly sticking out. I thought I was hiding it better than that - apparently not.

I just read that our baby can now hear and even be startled by outside noises. I can't wait for him to hear his Daddy leading worship on Sunday morning! Despite the contractions (which are still happening, but are getting MUCH lighter and less consistent) and aches, I'm really continuing to rejoice in this pregnancy. It's not what I expected, but I love this little boy with every fiber of my being. I can't wait to see what he looks like, I can't wait to cuddle him against my chest, and I can't wait to watch his little face take in the new world around him. I'm so excited and so proud to be the Mamma of two little boys and to have the responsibility of raising two little men.

Speaking of little man...




Something about his sweet self just begs to be picked up and cuddled, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment