Friday, September 25, 2009

sharing the love

This is a post that I've also put on the Serwa Chic Blog, but I'm so excited to share some of these sites with anyone who cares, that I just couldn't help but put the information here, as well.

Being a work at home Mom (or WAHM) is not an easy task. It's difficult to get your name out there and make sure you're separated from the scammers or just plain lazy. Beginning a business can be time consuming, confusing, and of course - expensive. Most WAHMs rely almost solely on word of mouth...someone ordered from you...loved what they got...and told someone else. After all, we can't compete with big firms who have large budgets for advertising or years of brand recognition.

So I thought I'd share some of my favorite work at home Moms - Mammas who are turning what they love doing into a way to help take care of their family.

MocoCreations - I'm lucky I don't have a little girl, or this Etsy store would do some serious damage to my wallet with those adorable hair bows! As it is, I'm already in love with her earrings and necklaces and actually just ordered a pearl necklace and earring set. And her jewlery makes for great gifts...hint hint.

HandmadeByHollysMom - Check out those carseat covers! In honor of NFL season, I ordered a handmade Steelers cover with our last name stitched across the back. My husband is going to flip with excitement, and hopefully it'll make cleaning up my son's toxic spit ups easier, too!

Mama A La Mode - I especially love her wall words and customized stick families. If we were in the market to re-do our son's nursery, we would definitely be ordering some wall decorations from her. She's super creative and flexible - from what I understand, she can take any image you send her and make it to into a decal for your wall, car, etc.

bellepapillion - This is actually where I got the idea to put snaps on my son's pacifier clips (though I don't see any paci clips in her store at the moment, I'm sure she can whip 'em right up if you shoot her an email), and her embroidery work is awesome! Once again may I state that I would spend significantly more money if we had a girl - this stuff is so cute!

So what about you? Do you have a favorite WAHM site to share? Don't keep it to yourself - tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment