Monday, September 14, 2009

waking up in vegas

Let me just get this out of the way - this isn't the latest installment of our love story. I have never woken up in Vegas...or gone to sleep in Vegas...or even been to Vegas.

Most of the time when I'm driving, I'm either 1)On the phone with my Mom (I know...I know...I'm getting one of those little ear devices so it's more safe) 2) Listening to my iPod, or 3)Listening to NPR (nerd alert!).

But last night, on my way home from church, I decided I wanted to hear something different. So I started station hopping - looking for something fun with which I could sing along. I found our local top forty hits station, and figured that was just about the right place for such a fun, sing along-able song.

Then I heard a song that made my face contort like I'd just smelled a skunk. Some of these profound and insightful lyrics include,

You gotta help me out, it's all a blur last night. We need a taxi, 'cause you're hung over and I'm broke. I lost my fake ID, but you lost the motel key. Spare me your freakin dirty looks, now don't blame me. You wanna cash out, and get the he** outta town. Don't be a baby, remember what you told me.
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is. That's what you get for waking up in Vegas. Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes now, that's what you get for waking up in Vegas.

Wow. Seriously?

I'm fairly certain I got gonorrhea just from listening to that.

4 comments:

  1. EEK!!! Have you heard her other songs? I remember hearing it at an ice cream shop with my in-laws last summer and I was like...Really? Did she just say "I kissed a girl and I liked it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have! And that's exactly how I felt when listening, "Did she really just say 'I lost my fake ID, but you lost the motel key'?!" It's insane to think about ever doing something like that, but so much MORE insane to then write a song about it!

    I get skeeved out just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - all of her songs skeeve me out! You're too funny though!

    ReplyDelete