Wednesday, October 21, 2009

boo for the flu

Good News: I've lost five pounds in two days.

Bad News: It's because I feel like someone's taking a Roto Rooter to my gut and having a field day.

Good News: Shawn was able to work from home today so that I'm not puking up my guts AND trying to take care of Jude.

Bad News: Poor guy (both guys, actually) will most likely get this, too. We're trying to be super careful and me and Lysol are bffs right now, but you just can't be this close to a sicky and not get it, too.

Good News: Tamiflu is amazing. I've never had the stuff before, and I'm already feeling so much better after only having been taking it it for less than 24 hours.

Bad News: The stuff cost us $50. Plus a $25 copay for the doctor's visit. If Jude and Shawn get this, we'll be out $225 for sickness. Getting sick is just not in our budget - but whatcha gonna do?

Ironically - I refused to get a flu shot last week because we didn't have the $25 in our budget, even though Shawn kept telling me I needed it. I don't know if you've noticed, but $25 is less than $75.

Shawn: 5
Jen: 0

3 comments:

  1. Yes, BUT the flu is an every changing being and is probably ineffective at this point. it sounds horrible but you are probably better off for getting a cold and building up your immune system the natural way, something us humans have been doing for centuries than a shot full of toxins, to cure or protect oneself.

    Just a thought, it makes you sound bad ass, like a ninja and the flu is a pirtate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Being sick and taking care of a little one is the worst so I am glad your hubby is there to help. And yay for the weight loss (though not for the way it had to happen)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon!! But I must admit I'm with Claire; there's nothing like getting a natural vaccine. Even if it is a nasty experience. =(

    ReplyDelete