Saturday, October 3, 2009

a morning with jude

Subtitled: Chasing Jude around for an hour with a camera

Like most kids his age, Jude is all over the place when it comes to playtime and will hardly stay in one spot for for than a minute. I thought it'd be fun to document what he does and where he goes within about a fifty minute time span.

"What? You're going to be following me around with that camera? Fine, if you must."
"Sheesh. Papparazzi."

We have three of these cute little bins that stay under Jude's crib. Since he especially loves pulling things out right now, these are perfect for him to pull out whatever he likes.

But today, he decided he'd rather join his toys.


So into the toy bin he went

"Hey look at me! I'm in my toy bin!"

...and then the toy bin fell over. And because this was just a few hours after the never to be spoken of again incident, I was very careful to cushion his fall.


"Take that, you toy bin!"

A couple of minutes later, Jude scoots out of his room, into the hallway (where our giant dog likes to hang out and protect Jude. And by "protect," I mean bark at imaginary intruders while he's napping).
Apparently this is the magical hat that makes you look exactly like Daddy when you put it on.



Bored by the hats and books, we move into Mommy's and Daddy's room...


Where the guitar is!

Chubby baby fingers pluckin' on some strings makes me so happy...

...And then it's time to visit the baby in the mirror...who is hilarious, by the way.

And a darn good kisser, too.


Then Jude moved too quickly from our bedroom to the living room for me to get a picture, but it was apparantly lion time.

...and apparently Vodka time as well. Just kidding, we'd never give our kid Vodka. We're straight Whiskey folks here.


And then Jude found his first wasp. It's normally Daddy's job to kill the critters, but since it was just the two of us, I did a fine job and got rid of that wasp in one smack! Ironically, this was just a few hours after the pest defense guy came and sprayed. Personally, I think he sprays kool-aid around the edges of our home.


Shawn had put a gate in the entrance of our kitchen because Jude has disovered a passionate love for Coletrane's food and our garbage can. Jude thought it was hilarious when I stepped over the gate. So I kept doing it. Back and forth. Over that gate. Just to see that smile. Totally worth it.

Jude loves his "cruising around the coffee table" time. After I shot this picture, Jude headed straight towards our power cords, and was none too happy when I pulled him away. He threw quite the fit, which meant he was sleepy, so alas - the papparazi took a break.

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee, sounds very familiar, especially the dog part! Love how you can just see the dog's tail in the one photo. Jude is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pics! I remember Logan loving the funny baby in the mirror as well. And I have to say, I think Jude looks a lot like Shawn in the Vodka/Whiskey picture. Maybe too much Starbuck's gives you the same look?

    P.S. - I like your new layout it's very autumn-y

    ReplyDelete