Thursday, November 19, 2009

pumpkin carving

I know, these aren't the promised birthday trip pictures - you can flog me later. I have some pictures of our fall festivities on my computer and it drives me nuts to post pictures in non-chronological order.

All of our supplies. Two gut scoopers. Two pumpkins. Sunday paper. Guts Bowl. Puffs. Shawn was spray painting his Wild Things ears and they were drying in that box - just in case you were wondering. :)

I made a pumpkin to look like Judeabug - slightly amused.






...And our beautiful pumpkins on the front porch!


Because I'm all about being frugal and homemade now, I pureed the pumpkin guts to use for soup and maybe Jude (although he clamps his lips tightly and turns his head anytime I try to get near him with it). Then I took the seeds, sprinkled them with olive oil, dusted them with salt, baked them, and made one of the best snacks known to man. LOVE me some roasted pumpkin seeds.
Coming up next - pumpkin patch pictures!
Dang it. Do you know what that means? We wouldn't have pumpkins to carve if we hadn't gotten them from the pumpkin patch first.
Well, chronological schronological.


5 comments:

  1. I tried to roast my pumpkin seeds but they turned out NASTY.

    Maybe next year I'll get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first year I tried it, I forgot the olive oil and tried to just do salt and bake them...and they were awful...maybe that's what happened with yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put oil on them...Maybe I didn't bake them long enough. They were still kinda wet looking. We were short on time, so I hurried.

    Oh! And I love your pumpkins and their adorable smirks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I'm the same way... things have to be in chrono. order! I missed pumpkin seeds this year. We got 2 pumpkins but they were teeny tiny, like a baseball,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jude's hand in the pumpkin! So perfect.

    ReplyDelete