Tuesday, November 24, 2009

pure joy

A few months ago, we were given a second-hand-blow-up-ball-pitish kind of thing. I wasn't sure if Jude would be all about it or not, but we finally gave it a try a few weeks ago. Turns out that kid loves him a good ball pit! Even several weeks later, it's still one of his favorite toys. He especially loves mashing his little face up to one of the holes to play peek-a-boo with Mommy or Daddy (which he does for the first time in the video). I swear, if it weren't weird and highly unhealthy, I'd totally take a bite right out of his adorable chubby cheek when he does that.

Maybe I shouldn't say things like that on a blog. It's true, though. I totally would.

I love this ball pit though, because it's perfect for teaching him so many things. It teaches him color, it's taught him to throw a ball (at which he's scarily good), it teaches him about putting things in and taking things out, it helps him with balance, it teaches him about pushing and pulling, and we work on the word, "ball" when he's playing with it. Not to mention it's almost always the perfect cure for crankypantsJudeabug -itis.

He was so cute playing in it the first time we blew it up, I thought you all would like to take part in Jude's joy:


1 comment: