Thursday, June 10, 2010

go dash!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting new pictures up - I recently switched from a Dell to a Mac, and it's taken me a little bit to find and organize everything. The weekend that my parents visited coincided with one of our town's minor league home games. Shawn had been waiting for an excuse to see a Winston-Salem Dash game, and was not going to pass up this opportunity!

Jude actually did surprisingly well and was mostly content to sit on a lap and watch all of the excitement. We did have to leave a little early in order to get Jude down at a decent time, but the Dash were killing the other team, so we were okay with that.


The team just built a brand new, fancy schmancy stadium downtown. If we had more money and fewer kids, we'd probably get season tickets and spend our entire summers there.

This game was apparently very special because the San Diego chicken was there (I think that's what he's called?). When I asked what San Diego chicken was (thinking they were referring to food), Shawn and my Dad just shook their heads. Apparently this was something I should've known. It turns out he's a famous mascot that travels to different games. I have to admit, his antics had me laughing out loud.

And then there's the Dash mascot. I personally think he's cute, but I have no idea what he's supposed to be. He's red and furry with a purple mohawk and lightening bolts for ears. Shawn says they bought the suit on clearance and hoped it would fit the team. I think he may be right.

Jude's reaction to the Dash mascot? What the....?!

Um...I'm just gonna keep eating my shark crackers and maybe he won't get too close.

We did try to get a photo of Jude and the mascot, but he started crying when we got near. I don't blame him, he's pretty freaky looking. I know it did Shawn's heart good to watch baseball with his son(s), and we all enjoyed some family quality time!

No comments:

Post a Comment