Wednesday, June 2, 2010

my first day as a stay at home mom

...was vomit inducing, apparently. I had big, big plans yesterday. I was looking forward to taking a walk, spending quality time with a certain Mr. Judeabug, grabbing a nap, catching up on laundry, and getting the house cleaned. My body had a different plan, and that was to go haywire and vomit every hour and a half.

This was not a plan to which I agreed.

The sickness is starting to taper off, but I'm still feeling a little nauseated and weak. Perhaps the only way that I'm not a huge pile of pathetic icky-ness is because Rhonda came and took Jude for the whole day. She even took him to church tonight, after which Shawn will bring him home. I've been able to get sick in peace (poor Jude got scared anytime I vomited. i can't blame him - it was pretty violent), take a bath, and even take a two hour nap. And don't tell Shawn, but I may or may not have cleaned out and organized Jude's closet.

If the vomiting hadn't started tapering off today, I was going to have to get another prescription for Zofran. Unfortunately, the getting sick and lack of hydration were causing some pretty serious contractions last night. As long as I keep getting better, I'll hold off on prescriptions and concentrate on drinking as much water as my stomach will allow and staying off my feet.

I'm hoping and praying that this is just a surge in hormones causing third trimester morning sickness and not a stomach bug (or at least not a stomach bug that anyone else in the family or anyone in contact with Jude or Shawn gets). Nonetheless, because I'm OCD about germs I've sprayed every square inch or our house with Lysol and sanitized Jude and all of his possessions before he left this morning - just in case. If it weren't highly unhealthy, I probably would've sprayed him with Lysol.

The good news is that I didn't have to worry about taking off a sick day or trying to figure out when I was going to get work done! So day one and day two of stay-at-home-Momdom have been...interesting. At least it can only get better from here!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry you were sick, especially your first day home. I always think the same thing every time Noah is sick or I am sick... that thank God I am home and don't have to go to work. How crazy would that be trying to figure out all the logistics of a child & sickness & work! WHenever NOah has a bad night, I am so thankful that I don't work because I know we can have a "low key" day the next day.

    ReplyDelete