Thursday, May 20, 2010

go ahead, try not to smile

Wednesdays are tough on Jude as our little kiddo who thrives on structure and schedule gets his entire schedule thrown out of whack. He usually doesn't make it bed until a good hour and a half after his bed time, and sometimes that can leave him a little giggly.

A couple of caveats to this video - 1) Jude loves his Tylenol bottle. We keep it in his diaper bin, so sometimes he reaches in and grabs it. I don't know what it is about the bottle, but Jude just loves to hold it. Don't worry, we took it out of his hands before he fell asleep. 2) That particular Wednesday, Jude had gotten into (and smeared....on his body) an entire Vaseline jar at the sitter's house. He was apparently coated in Vaseline. Amie (the sitter) gave him a bath, but it's pretty incredible how hard it is to get Vaseline out of a kid's hair. Patrice, I have a new found respect for you. It took three separate washes with Dawn dish soap to clean our little grease monkey. Of course I didn't have time to bathe him before we went to church that evening, so I fielded many questions of, "Was he playing the water?" "Did he just have a bath?" and "Is that all sweat?"

I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny. He looked ridiculous and we could spike his hair in all sorts of cool ways and watch it stay.

But anyway - I dare you to not smile while you watch this video. If you're able then you are obviously a stronger person than I:

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW, one of the most adorable things I have seen all day!! LOVE IT!!! Give my cute little nephew a big, tight hug and kiss from Auntie Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet. He is the cutest. And don't admire me too much. I've just given up the fight of getting it out. Embrace the grease monkey. It's all I know to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so stinkin' cute! I LOVE baby laughs! Noah likes to hold his fluoride bottle.

    ReplyDelete