Saturday, May 8, 2010

happy mother's day!

I may not have the chance to post tomorrow, so I wanted to wish all of you mothers and mother figures a very Happy Mother's Day. The world would likely come to a crashing halt if it weren't for you and your influences. Thank you for your sacrifices, your love, your tenderness, and your discipline.

I've been reflecting today about how blessed I am. Both my Mom and my Mom-In-Law have shaped the kind of Mama I am today. I understand how blessed Shawn and I are to have Moms who support and encourage us as opposed to criticize and tear us down. I can't count the many times I've been told by my Mom or Shawn's Mom that I'm a great mother and am doing a wonderful job. Those words have meant more to me than I could possibly relate, and it couldn't mean more to me to hear it from those two women. So thank you for being wonderful mothers to Shawn and I when we were young, and for continuing to be loving, nurturing, and encouraging to us as adults. Thank you for loving Jude (and Baby Deuce) as much as we do, and for being an amazing influence and example of women of God for him. Shawn and I recognize and appreciate how blessed we are to have your presence in our life.

We love you so very much, and we want to thank you for loving us enough to sacrifice, enough to call us out, and enough to support us. Thank you, Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment