Wednesday, May 26, 2010

grandparents are the best!

Or so said Shawn twice this past weekend. The first time was Friday morning when Jude awoke at his usual 7:10 am. Shawn stumbled out of bed to go get him when my Mom met him in the hallway and said, "I can get him if you want. Go back to bed." As he climbed back in I asked, "Everything okay?" to which Shawn responded, "Yep. Grandparents are the best." before we both drifted off to sleep for another half an hour.

The second time was at our city's minor league baseball game. Jude had spent the first three or four innings contentedly sitting on mine and Shawn's laps, but started to get antsy. "We'll get him," my parents said, and Jude was instantly amused by a different person holding him. Shawn stretched out his arm around me, scooted closer and sighed, "Yep. Grandparents are the best."

Our weekend with my parents was awesome, and even though Jude was confused by the extra people, he warmed up to them quickly. Jude especially enjoyed cuddling with Grammy and throwing a ball with Grampy. He quickly learned that he could get lots of smiles by doing the sign for "dog" (which for us is sticking your tongue out and panting), and took full advantage of his around-the-finger-wrapping abilities. Basically, we're incredibly grateful that my parents chose to drive eight hours to spend with us and love on their sweet grandson. It meant more to us than you know.

Our little family is also looking forward to getting to spend time with even more family this weekend! Shawn's parents, sister, nephew and niece will be driving in from Ohio. Jude last saw his cousins when he was merely a year old, so I'm looking forward to watching them interact and hang out!

And before I forget, I wanted to mention that I have a brand new Serwa Chic website up and running. I'm so thrilled to offer more products and easier use for the customer. Not to mention uploading new products is significantly easier for me. Serwa Chic just celebrated its one year birthday - crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Love the baby sign for dog :-)

    You need to get video of Jude signing!

    ReplyDelete