Thursday, March 12, 2009

i don't want to brag, but....

I totally made my blog background myself! I've been working on my website design/coding skillz (because I think it sounds less nerdy if I say it with a "z"), and figured designing and coding a blog background would be a breeze in comparison. It was a bit more difficult than I thought, but I'm pretty excited to have done it, nonetheless. Lest you think my skillz are anything to write home about, let me admit to you that I've been trying to upload two videos of Jude for the past hour without luck.


Jude's appointment Tuesday was an extremely encouraging one. The doctor said he looked like a completely different baby. He weighed 12lbs 2oz, and I think that keeps him in the 14th percentile. He switched Jude's reflux medication, and within 12 hours of taking it, Jude's spitting up has been cut in half! The doctor also told us to give Jude rice cereal in his bottles about twice per day, and gave us the go ahead to try giving him solid food. I want to wait until he's five months to give him actual food, but I did try rice cereal mixed with breast milk last night. He did really well for his age, but I think he ate a total of two teaspoons out of the four tablespoons I'd made. Oh well, at this point, it's more about practice than nutrition.

We do seem to suddenly find ourselves dealing with an extremely fussy boy. It feels like he's reverted back to infanthood as soothing him to sleep is quite the chore. I'm doing my best to try and figure out why this may be...perhaps the new reflux medicine is making him fussy? could it be the new cereal hurting his stomach? maybe he's reaching new developmental milestones? is he not sleeping enough during the day? is he sleeping too much during the day? is he hungry? do his legs hurt from shots? ...


and the list goes on. Go ahead. Say it. "Jen. Chill out. He'll be fine. Ride it out."


I know, you're right. I'm working on it. Hopefully it's just a phase that he'll soon be through. Until then, please excuse the sleep deprived, patience lacking zombie you may see before you.


We received an incredibly generous offer from a girl who was in Pinedale's youth group when Shawn interned there. She's grown up to be a friend of ours and she sang in our wedding. Katie graduated from college early, and like most current graduates, is struggling to find even a part-time job. While she's searching, she wanted to know if she could help me out with Jude. Umm...yes please!


I'm a little stubborn. Okay...a lot stubborn. I have a hard time asking for help. If we lived near family, I don't think I'd have a problem asking Jude's grandma's to help me with him occasionally. There are many people from church who have offered, but I have a hard time distinguishing between the polite "someday" offers, and the "i really mean it" offers. Shawn's always telling me to ask someone for help, but I just always felt like asking anyone would be an imposition. Katie offered to come to the house on the days I work from home and watch Jude for a spell so that I can have some time to get things done. I am really looking forward to have a steady relief - you have no idea! I can't decide if I want to use that time to run, nap, shower, eat, work, or clean, and the truth is that it'll probably vary. The prospect of having a little bit of help is an answered prayer.


Please continue to pray for Jonah - he's progressing, but is still very deep in the woods. http://patriceandmattwilliams.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment