Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a simple update

It's been a couple of days, so I wanted to update family on the goings on of our sweet Judeabug. Goings ons? Going on?



On what he's up to lately.



I'm proud to say that Jude is getting quite roly poly! I only weigh him once a week right now (for the sake of my own sanity), but I would guess he's probably getting close to 12.5 pounds. He won't be a heavyweight anytime soon, but it's nice to see him getting new fat rolls and outgrowing clothes. We still have quite a bit of sample forumla in our cabinet, just in case he should need it - but it looks as though we've made it through this whole "failure to thrive" stuff completely with breastmilk. It was certainly very stressful for awhile, but I'm so grateful that we stuck with it. I plan on breastfeeding him for a year, and I can't believe that we're already over a third of the way there!

I also wanted to make a correction about my last post. Jude looking like an old man and looking more like Shawn are not related. Shawn's quite the dapper young man..in this girl's opinion...and I really do love that Jude is starting to look like him. Once all of Jude's hair grows in, I do believe he'll begin to lose the old man look. :)


Back to the goings on...

Jude's been sleeping a little better lately. Two out of the past three nights, he's slept until 4:00am-ish. That's about seven hours for him, which is about average for his age. That's about five hours for me, which is pretty exciting! I can't say for sure, but I think this might be attributed to the rice cereal we've begun giving him in the evenings. We've also gone back to doing a modified version of letting Jude "cry it out," for naptimes, which seems to be working. He's crying less and less each day and gets more sleep as each day passes. I'll have to elaborate more on what we do and why I feel like it's the best thing for Jude at some point. Several people have asked me about it, and I feel like crying it out gets some bad press. Not today, though, because today...I have some pictures to share!









Go Duke!








2 comments:

  1. Judebug is so cute. Hey, there is nothing wrong with letting them cry it out. I did that with my son when he was a baby and he did fine. His doctor says you can let them cry it out for 10mins or so and then go back in and soothe them if they are not calm yet. So you get no bad press from this mother of a 4 1/2 yr. old son with special needs. I have been following your blog since I started looking at Pattrice and Matts. My child was also Failure to Thrive at one point, though it took me awhile to get him off that status. I am so glad to hear that he is eatting like a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest. Kid. Ever. (2nd ONLY to Logan!)
    By the way - love the new web design!

    ReplyDelete