Saturday, March 28, 2009

jude smiles

and it's just about the cutest smile I've ever seen. He still smiles as though I am the funniest thing in the entire world - quite the ego boost (even if it IS from a four month old). I think he's still working out the whole laughing thing, though. He smiles really big, and even kind of draws his shoulders up like he's laughing...but no sound! We had one day that he laughed out loud - he laughed at me making faces to him while he was in his jumperoo, and he laughed at Daddy making faces while he was in the tub. It was a great sound, and I look forward to hearing him figure out how to make it again!







According to our home scale, Jude weighed either 13 lbs or 13.2 lbs - I weighed him twice. Either way, that seems to be right on target. Yay Jude! He's mostly grown out of his 0-3 month clothes and is officially fitting into his 3-6 month clothes, which is also exciting. He has several more "going out" clothes in 3-6 months, so we have more fun options in which to dress him.
Let's see, what else is Jude up to lately? Oh, I think he's working on the sleeping through the night thing. He slept from about 9:00pm to about 6:00am three nights in a row (woo-hoo!), but has been waking up around 1:00am and 4:30am the past two nights. I'm not exactly sure why (I think gas might've played a big part the first night), but I'm learning that I don't have to find a reason for everything. Jude's continuing to get cereal at 7:30pm, and is getting better at eating. He's beginning to actually open his mouth for the spoon, and he looks a little bit like a baby bird when he does so. :) It's hard to believe that in just two or three weeks, I'll be feeding him real food. I'm not sure whether I've mentioned it here on the blog or not, but I plan on making Jude's baby food (just in case you weren't entirely sure we were complete weirdos and counter cultural). It's cheaper and less processed, which seems like good enough reason to me! I'm going to start with butternut squash and sweet potatoes. We actually had both of those items on our grocery list anyway this week, so I figured I'd go ahead and make then freeze it for when he's ready to move on from cereal.
Looks like naptime is over - gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. Jude is SO cute! His smile is great! And don't worry - you have lots more coming from him to boost that ego of yours - wait until he says - unpromted - "you're the bestest Mommy!"

    Andrea Hauser

    ReplyDelete