Thursday, February 4, 2010

cranky pants

I can't lie. I'm cranky right now. I woke up a little cranky. Then I realized I was going to have to cancel a Worth the Wait thing tomorrow, which means extra work for me today and then extra work for me for whatever day we reschedule. Then Jude decided he was going to be in a funk today.

Doesn't he know Mommy's in a funk, and this house can only handle one funkified person at a time?

I actually think he might be teething, plus it looks like he might be beginning a cold so really - I guess he has dibs.

And I was kind of starting to get out of my cranky mood by trucking along with sewing stuff I had to do. I was so excited because I was making headway - finishing up an order and finally being able to start on some bibs that Pinedale Daycare has ordered. Then my needle broke. And wouldn't you know it - it's my last needle. And double-wouldn't-you-know-it - we only had one car at the house today, which Shawn took into work. And of course he has a meeting tonight which means 1)Cranky Pants and Cranky Pants' Mom are stuck together with no hope of reprieve until the blessed hour of 8:30 when he goes to bed, and 2) I won't be able to get a needle until at least Monday because there appears to be an ice storm headed our way tonight.

And I'm just feeling sorry for myself about some things that I can't control, I can't change, and I'm not happy about. So there you have it. I have no good reason to be a cranky pants, but I can't seem to shake it.

Every tough problem needs a plan of attack, so here's my cranky pants POA (Plan Of Attack).
1. Play with Jude and enjoy his smile
2. Put Jude down for a nap
3. Eat pizza snacks and maybe cookie dough. Salmonella Schmalmonella.
4. Watch something inane and inconsequential on TV
5. Do some productive housework
6. Remind myself that I'm ridiculously blessed and loved by the Creator of the Universe
7. Take off my Cranky Pants and change into my Happy Pants. If I can't find those, I'll change into my Quit Whining and Be Happy With What You Got Pants.


I sure hope they still fit.

2 comments:

  1. You're allowed more than a few Cranky Pants days while pregnant/recovering.

    I'm so over the threat of salmonella. I live life on the edge and eat more than a few raw cookies every time I make them. Life's too short to not eat cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having a bad day. :( I like your POA but I would remove #5 and replace it with something that involves ice cream or chocolate!

    ReplyDelete