Friday, February 5, 2010

happy pants are offiically on

Not knowing that I was having a bad day and not finding out until I posted a blog about it (and being a little upset at having found out via blog post), Shawn called me as soon as he'd read what I'd written yesterday. He picked me up before his meeting and we went out to get some sewing needles and a few things we'd been meaning to get for Jude. Then my thoughtful and amazing husband picked me up a taco salad from Wendy's (a weird craving I seem to have only when pregnant).

By the time he headed back in for his meeting yesterday evening, I felt thoroughly loved and as if I had someone to turn to when I was overwhelmed.

Jude also started running a low fever and having an out of control running nose. Realizing that he's actually sick helped me having more patience and understanding, so I made sure he got some extra cuddles and was well cared for. With a propping of his pillow, a dehumidifier running at night (or humidifier, I get them confused), and a good night's sleep, he's a little whiny but not snotty and not fevery at all today.

And then I woke up this morning to SNOW! In case you haven't been keeping track, that's three significant winter storms coming through in just over a month. Incredible. And beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same Wendy's craving while pregnant! Weird!

    And good job, Shawn :-)

    Glad you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for hubbies!!! Enjoy the snow, you are getting all of ours here in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista - really?! That IS strange! I like it especially when I need to eat something quickly, but I want something that semi-healthy and still filling. MMMmmm...I totally go for another one right now!

    Nancy, yay indeed :) It does seem weird that we're getting so much and you northerners are getting nada!

    ReplyDelete