Sunday, February 28, 2010

dear shawn

Dear Shawn,

As of today, you're officially twenty-seven years old. I know you hate all this mushy-gushy stuff - most especially when it's public - so I'll keep it short.

I'm so grateful for your life, Shawn. I'm so grateful for the way your parents raised you, for the experiences you've had, and for the way God has molded you over the past twenty-six years. I have more admiration and respect for you than you could imagine. Since we've been friends, I've been drawn to you, knowing that there was something special about you. I wasn't mistaken.

You have a strength of character and integrity that I've never seen in another, and being around you makes me want to be better. Don't get me wrong, I know you're not perfect, but I admire the way you handle criticism, mistakes, and even attacks.

Thank you for being an example of strength and servanthood to me. Thank you for helping me better understand Jesus' love for the church, and most importantly - thank you for being you. Without a doubt, the most amazing man I've ever met. I'd consider it a privilege just to be near you, and I consider it more than I deserve to call you my husband. I love you, Shawn. Happy Birthday.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment