Friday, February 19, 2010

one, two, three strikes you're out

Shawn got hit with Jude's stomach bug on Tuesday night, and I got hit with it on Wednesday night. Thank God this is only a 24-hour bug, but man oh man it's no fun. Jude actually seems to have recovered pretty well, although I think he's still trying to catch up on all the sleep he missed. Both Shawn and I are trucking along pretty well, though we're both still sticking to pretty bland food - just in case. Because I was worried about excessive vomiting causing contractions (remember all that drama with Jude starting at 29 weeks? Turns out it's just because I have an "irritable uterus"), I took a couple of the Zofran pills I had leftover from the morning sickness days. I still got sick, but I think I avoided the worst of it and managed to keep crackers and Sprite in my stomach throughout most of the day.

But would you like the know the worst part of this whole thing? Remember me telling you about Rhonda, our doula with Jude? Well, she recently got a break from schooling (she's now officially a nurse! woo-hoo!), and offered to watch Jude on Wednesdays for us because taking Jude into the office was becoming increasingly difficult. Even though Jude was over his sickness by Tuesday, I still called her Tuesday night to let her know that Jude had been sick and that he was currently running a low fever. Rhonda's response was, "Don't even worry about it! Bring him on over! And if you or Shawn get sick from this, I'm glad to take him for you on Thursday, too!" So Rhonda kept Jude on Wednesday for us, and then again on Thursday since I did end up getting it. I honestly don't know how we would've made it without her, to be honest. Well, we've just found out that Rhonda ended up getting the stomach bug yesterday afternoon. There's nothing worse than someone doing you a ginormous favor and repaying them by leaving them with the sickies.

So our tiny little 20 pound son managed to knock three....count 'em...three...grown adults off of their feet. Little stinker.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope all 4 of you are back to your old selves soon!

    ReplyDelete