Monday, March 8, 2010

and the award

for best cooperative baby in showing us whatcha got in a uterus and/or womb goes to....

Our little baby BOY!!

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say. I'm so glad my Mommy drank a cup of coffee this morning to give me energy to show off my sweet moves to them. I'm so excited to have a big brother with whom to make forts, to play cars, and to call girls booger brains. He's already told me he's going to show me how to get around Mommy's and Daddy's baby proofing, and the best way to climb on top of things and fall. Being brothers will be the best!

Okay, so I know I was wanting a girl, but when the ultrasound tech told us we were having a boy ("oh, it's definitely a boy," were her exact words), and I saw his sweet mouth open and close and watched him play with the umbilical cord, my heart swelled at the thought of raising two little men. We're probably in store for a few trips to the ER, a few (more) calls to poison control, and a few more ridiculous statements like, "Jude, please quit growling at strangers," but we're also in store for the chance to teach two boys that women are to be protected and cherished instead of hurt and ogled, for the chance to raise two men of God, and for the chance to rough house, have dirty fingernails, and learn all about creepy crawlies.

And even more important than finding out our baby's gender, we also found out that he's growing just perfectly. He's within two days of our due date, shows no signs of down syndrome, club foot, or a cleft palate, and has the most adorable fingers and toes you've ever seen.

Looks like the world better start getting ready now. There's another Maurer boy comin' your way!

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget two possible daughters-in-law for you to terrorize! ;) Congrats on another boy (I totally thought it was a girl), and congrats on him being perfectly healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Nonstop booger talk in BOTH our houses! :-)

    Congratulations guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two boys are the greatest! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete