Tuesday, March 2, 2010

haircut




It was time. Jude's hair was getting out of control. Out. Of. Control. No matter what we did, he ended up looking like a mad scientist. A darn cute mad scientist, but mad scientist nonetheless. It was starting to look like Jude was unkempt most of the time, and his poor bangs were always down in his eyes. After asking for recommendations of a child hair cutter, I decided to bite the bullet and try it on my own. I trimmed his hair in three phases because 1)I was very afraid of cutting too much off and it looking ridiculous, and 2)He'd sit still for about a minute and a half before demanding that he have the scissors. The first time I cut it while he was on my lap on the couch, the second while he was taking a bath, and the third while he was in his highchair watching a cartoon (thanks to Nancy's suggestion!), which was by far the best way to go!


I cut it about a week and a half ago, and wouldn't you know it - that crazy mad scientist is already starting to make a comeback. Guess I'll need to break out the scissors again!

And PS...it's snowing. AGAIN. And we're not talking wimpy snowflakes. We're talking big-fatty-perfect-for-catching-with-your-tongue flakes. I'm starting to suspect that the state of North Carolina is in on a big conspiracy to make me very, very happy this winter.

2 comments:

  1. He looks SO cute! Isn't it wild how a haircut can make them look like little boys instead of babies almost instantly? :( I think I need to trim up Noah's hair again, even though he just had his first cut recently too. Its getting mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww!

    You did a great job!! He looks adorable!!

    I'm pretty sure we're going to take Miles to get his cut on Thursday while my parents are here. We had intended to do it before Spencer arrived, but it just didn't happen.

    I wanted to just get a trim and keep the curls in the back. Brandon said today, however, that he thinks we should just get a "real" haircut. I, in my 3 days postpartum state, burst into tears when he said this. "I don't want him to look like a big boy!!"

    I think that's what we'll end up doing though. He's ready.

    ReplyDelete