Saturday, March 6, 2010

any guesses?

We get to see the first pictures of our little one on Monday! This ultrasound kind of snuck up on the both of us, so I thankfully haven't had a lot of time to think or obsess about it. We had originally planned not to tell anyone Jude's gender (or name) until he was born, but that lasted about...three days. I was so excited, I just couldn't help but spilling! This time though, I have no illusions that I'll be able to keep the secret. If I have the chance, you can bet that I'll be letting you guys know! (We most likely will still keep the name a secret, but that's mostly because we don't care to have people's opinions influence our decision.)

So to give you some background so that you can hazard the best guess possible: I don't think I'm carrying this child any differently, but I'm only 5"2 and am not sure how many different ways there are for my body to carry a child. I've had some slightly different craving this time around, but also have a few that were the same with Jude. The morning sickness was different this time around too - much more intense - but I did still have morning sickness the first time. My gut says it's a girl, and I can't seem to stop referring to the baby as "she," and "her." The same thing happened early on with Jude (except my gut said he was a boy), but I don't put a whole lot of stock into guts about gender - you have a 50% chance of being right either way.

So there you have it - what do YOU think this baby's gender is?

5 comments:

  1. I say Girl, because that's what you feel. Hehe. With my second I absolutely knew she was a girl. I felt so strongly about it that nothing could change my mind. I was right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - that's what I like to hear! I'm hoping I'm not convincing myself it's a girl because that's what I want! I'm all about hearing stories of people who "knew" and who were right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a girl!

    I want a girl so badly! I love my boys, but I want the Girl Experience, with all its drama, tears, and hormones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL!! And I have a good sense with these things. ;) Have you ever done the Chinese gender predictor? Just google it...it's been right for everyone I know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the freak here cuz I think its a boy! Either way, you will be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete