Wednesday, March 10, 2010

jonah's birthday party

I wanted to wait to put up pictures of Jonah's birthday party until Patrice had a chance to blog about it (seemed only fair for her readers to hear about the party from her first), and Blogger is being kind of a butt - so I've been working on trying to get these stinkin' pictures uploaded for about four days now.

Unfortunately, we didn't actually get to see a whole lot of Matt, Patrice, and Jonah at his party. Jude and I were getting over colds and didn't want to risk getting too close to anyone, most especially sweet Jonah. Thankfully Patrice had set up huge pump things of antibacterial hand sanitizer which really - is my idea of the perfect party favor too.

Jude had a lot of fun walking around and watching all of the ongoing action. Yes, that's a donkey with a giant bullseye on his butt.

We went outside to see the petting zoo, which was probably Jude's favorite part. He's taken to laughing at animals a lot lately. This llama was hilarious to him. I guess if I'd never seen a llama before, I'd crack up too.
Not that this has anything to do with Jonah's party, but Shawn gave up coffee for lent. For those of you who know him well, you may now pick up your dropped jaw from the floor. He's replaced it with tea, which has much less caffeine and is generally better (and cheaper!) for you. So that'd be a ginormo cup of tea in his hand.

Jude was a little young to understand the concepts of the games, but that didn't stop him from making up his own rules.


One of my favorite pictures of Jude ever was taken by my friend Jenn. I tried to figure out how to upload the link so that you could see the actual photo here, but it's not working for me. So, I'll just include the links and you guys can check them out yourselves. The photos of Jude are actually part of a much larger set of Jenn's party pictures. Check them out - I promise, there were other guests there besides Jude.

Photo One: Patrice had a really cute photo booth set up. Jude's face is precious.
Photos Two and Three: The animals balloons were a big hit!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes, there were other guests besides Jude, but I have to say, I'm pretty partial to that cute little blue-eyed kid! :)

    ReplyDelete