Saturday, March 13, 2010

what should i blog about today?

I just asked Shawn, and he answered, "Spring. And how happy you are." That seems like it'd be pretty boring for you to read about, but here goes...

Our doors are open, our heat is turned off, the house is being aired out, and Jude and I are going on walks. I've never thought I was a person who was affected by weather, but I think being cooped up in a house with a toddler can get to a Mommy. Jude loves the backyard- I mean madly and passionately loves it. He likes to run around, trip on tree roots, play with grass, pat our bushes (I don't know what that's about, but it's funny), and pull off the tree bark. He likes to talk to our neighbor dogs, and if they're out, he likes to share his toys with our neighbors. And I love that we get a change of scenery, and he can run free without me worrying that he'll break something!

My last day of work is officially May 28th, and I'm already thinking up all sorts of plans of how Jude and I will spend our summer together. I foresee a lot of swimming in our future since Jude LOVES the water, and being in a pool is about the only time a pregnant woman feels anything other than whale-ish. I'm also looking forward to checking out some local (and free) kids' playgroups - especially at the library or our local organic baby shop. If anyone else has ideas for how to keep a toddler busy and cool in the summer (that is free or very inexpensive), I'd LOVE to hear them!

I feel like my general level of stress has improved in the last two weeks or so. I got through the busiest season of my full time job, and while Serwa Chic has taken off even more, I genuinely love doing it and can set my own schedule and work around life. Shawn's life is probably just as stressful as it was last month, but I now have the time and emotional capacity to help him carry some of that. The SOMA (click HERE to find out more information about it) service starts here in a couple of weeks, but I'm honestly not sure if life will get simpler or busier after the launch. Jude's replaced his two forty-five minute naps with two hour to hour and a half long naps! The first nap is usually an hour and a half, and the second an hour. We switched him to soy milk as I've always had the sneaking suspicion that milk was the culprit of some of his fussiness, and within a day he started napping longer and having a more joyful demeanor. We may try whole milk one more time in a couple of weeks just to make sure it wasn't a coincidence, but we're not sure at this point.

So all of that to say that with the changing of the seasons, it seems like I feel happier and healthier than I have in a few months. Well, I have lots of laundry, sewing, playing, walking, and cuddling to do. I hope you enjoy your Saturday, and don't forget to enter the newest long sleeve bib giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. Great post!!! Sounds like a wonderful new season of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Oh. Pick me! Pick me! I want to be involved in your summer plans... Maybe not so much the swimming part, but we can do library time or go to the children's museum, or the zoo on a cool day (like, really cool). I want to play! Pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Spring is a joyful part of life...I am very glad to read your house is open to air. There is only between 19-21% oxygen in the air, so it is a valuable commodity. Without oxygen our cells cannot survive... So good for you all, to be outside and enjoy Gods blessed free sustaining life.
    Be encouraged, your family sounds happy and contented. Crystal Lindsey, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrice, absolutely! You know, even taking Jude to your house to hang out would be a nice change of scenery for him. But library, children's museum, and the zoo are definitely winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sis. Toddlers love play grounds, and since school is out...there are a lot of available places to play and spend an hour outdoors! Also, local farms! Noah loves to this day going to look at the cows and horses, he could spend hours doing that.

    ReplyDelete