Wednesday, December 2, 2009

jude steps

I wouldn't quite say he's walking yet...but he HAS walked. Last night, Daddy was playing peek a boo from behind the couch while Jude was standing up (with me right behind him). In his excitement over seeing Daddy's fun face peeking out from the couch, he took like six or seven steps towards Daddy and did not fall down! His steps led him to the couch, where he threw his arms down on a cushion out of irrepressible excitement at seeing his Daddy. Ten minutes later, Jude also walked from me to our ottomon, which was another six or seven steps!

Like just about every milestone he's reached, he acted like it was no big deal and like I was totally embarassing him with all of my gushing. I swear, I completely expect his first full sentence to be, "Geez Mom, you're totally harshing my vibe," because that's the exact look he gives me when I get excited at his new skills.

And just as I suspected, it's the cutest little toddle I've ever seen in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! That's so exciting!!!

    Has he learned how to stand up (with no assistance) yet? That's when Miles turned the corner. He had taken steps before but couldn't stand without holding on to something. Then one day he just did it! And as soon as he could do that, there was no stopping him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Jude! Congrats! Dave and I are gushers over every milestone too... we both got teary eyed with Noah's first steps.

    ReplyDelete