Sunday, December 13, 2009

old school sunday

I've decided that it would be fun to post pictures/videos/etc. of the pre-Jude Maurers. I was looking through some old photos on my computer last night, and felt a wave of nostalgia that I wouldn't describe as "missing the past" (because the past had no Jude in it, and well...that just won't do), but more as "fascination with the past." What did I do with all my time? How did I ever get along without sewing? What did we do with all the space in our house not filled with plastic toys? And most importantly - why, oh why didn't I take more naps?!

In my perusing of old photos, I found these two videos and watched them at least three times each. These were taken with two of my small group girls (Brittany and Sara), after we'd finished shoveling poop at a therapeutic horse barn. I think the girls were in 7th or 8th grade at this point, and we were just being goofy to waste time. As I was watching these videos, Shawn said something along the lines of, "How is that not embarrassing to you?"

To be perfectly honest, I have no good answer to that. So Brittany and Sara, I'm sorry if this is embarrassing to you, and I'll gladly take them down if that's the case. Something tells me you'll be just as amused and delighted as I was when I watched them. There's something special about those girls (and not "quit eating the paste" special. Uniquely created by God to do amazing things for Him special).





No comments:

Post a Comment