Monday, December 21, 2009

a ridiculous amount of pictures

The fact that it so rarely snows worth mentioning down here makes me a leeeetle bit camera happy. Don't worry - most of the pictures are of Judeabug in all his snow cuteness.

Shawn found out about a southern thing called "Snow Cream." You take fresh snow, milk, vanilla, and sugar - blend it all together in a chilled bowl for awhile - and get something pretty delicious!
We enjoyed a rather slow morning on Saturday - this is our family watching "Holiday Inn." I think Shawn was laughing at Bing's broken heart.
Our little snow baby was NOT digging the outfit.

It took him a little bit to get used to the snow, and the poor thing could barely move.

Shawn decided it would be the perfect time to build a snowman (or snowwoman, as he decided - because no man's waist went in that much).

Jude actually really liked watched Daddy and I working on the snowwoman. Well...Daddy worked on the snowwoman. Mommy hit Daddy with snowballs. Just doing my part.


If it weren't weird, I would totally give Jude an award for "most kissable cheeks and lips."
So we realized that after living in our home for over three years, we have never needed a snow shovel, and thus didn't own one. It turns out that our regular shovel does the snowwoman building job just as well, though.
I included this picture, not because it's such a fantastic picture of Cole, but because you can see the depth of the snow. Any real accumulation is very, very exciting to us!
Our completed snowwoman. Shawn says that's what I look like when it starts snowing. So...slightly evil apparently?
And there my friends, is my extremely attractive husband, my sweet as can be child, my slightly obnoxious dog, and our new friend the snowwoman.
Jude looks out our back door every morning to check and make sure she's still there, and surprisingly - she is!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, my heart swells with joy that you guys got to experience some snow this winter. :) Seriously. And I happen to think your snowwoman is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is wild to see that in NC! Great photos and Jude looks so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete