Thursday, July 8, 2010

baby deuce update

35 weeks and the countdown has begun! Our sweet boy is now about six pounds and is all nice and tightly squished in his temporary home. Our last appointment was Tuesday, where we got to hear the heartbeat and were told that my belly is measuring on target (and found out that I've lost 2 lbs...guess it's all the running around after Jude I'm doing). I've also dilated to a one, which isn't really terribly indicative of anything.

I have had a distinct pick up of contractions in the past three days that range from uncomfortable to painful. They were strong enough to wake me up last night around 4:15 where they continued to get stronger and more consistent. I kept trying to go back to sleep and was praying that if I really were in labor my water would break. I didn't want to wake Shawn up and call someone to stay with Jude in the middle of the night if it wasn't the real deal. I got out of bed around 5:30 and thought I'd start washing Jude's cloth diapers and check my email.

To be honest, I was really thinking that we were going to end up in the hospital and was trying to wait until a decent hour to call someone for Jude. After about an hour the contractions tapered off and I was able to get a short nap on the couch until Shawn and Jude woke up, and I haven't had anything of significance since.

Despite my tendency to automatically panic over anything not going according to plan, I'm surprisingly nonchalant about perhaps going into labor soon. I'm at a point in my pregnancy that the baby would be okay if he were born today, and we have almost everything ready to go. The things still undone or not bought are things we can easily grab or do. My biggest concerns about Baby Deuce arriving unexpectedly are 1)I was planning on making and freezing a few meals this weekend, and then a couple more each week until I deliver and 2)Shawn was planning on using the next 4-5 weeks to plan towards covering worship and events when I go into labor and enabling himself to work from home. Both are definitely things we can work on, but neither are enough to make me panic at contractions.

I suppose to summarize my update on Baby Deuce, I would say: It's looking like it could be possible for me to go into labor early.

Or I could not go into labor anytime soon.

Or I could even go over my due date.

Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment