Friday, July 30, 2010

this calls for ice cream

We had another Baby Deuce appointment this morning, and the big news is.....

not much has changed.

I'm dilated now to a "2" and "halfway thinned" (whatever that means. 50% effaced, maybe?).

On the one hand, it's nice to know that we'll have a little more time and can actually make plans for the next week or so. On the other hand, it's discouraging.

I hurt. And I ache. And I'm sore. Constantly.

I don't know if you're aware, but the cure for frustrating contractions is soft serve ice cream. And a trip to the mall with my family where I can walk around in air conditioning and browse for the perfect handbag to buy as my present to myself after I give birth.

At least that's what I'm telling Shawn the cure is.

Soft serve and purse shopping. Oh yeah, and not being pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete