Thursday, July 15, 2010

big boy haircut

We've been talking about buzzing Jude's hair for a couple of months now, and decided to just go ahead and take the plunge this past Saturday. I had been trying for a week to trim Jude's mane, and was having little success. Shawn and I decided that the heat combined with pregnancy/newborn was reason enough to just shave it off!

First of all, we put Jude in our bath tub and I cut as many chunks as I could - to allow the shaving to go more smoothly.

He didn't really let me get a lot...
I don't have any photos of the actual process because it was all hands on deck. We put Sid the Science Kid on Shawn's computer and I held on tightly to Jude while Shawn did the shaving. He got tickled and wiggled when Shawn was shaving the back of his neck, but other than that Jude was mostly patient! Then it was time for a bath since he had a ridiculous amount of hair all over him. The newly bald Jude:

As a bonus, having less hair makes his cheeks extra kissable:




I am surprisingly non-emotional about Jude's first drastic haircut. He looks quite a bit older, but it's SO much easier to clean and keep looking nice. We don't have to brush out the rat's nest at the back, and I'm sure he doesn't have to worry about getting hot so easily. However, Shawn and I do miss his shaggy blonde hair. I think we'll keep it short through the end of the summer and while Baby Deuce is still tiny, but we'll probably grow it out in the fall.

Until then, he'll just have to deal with being the cutest buzz cut toddler in the world as opposed to the cutest shaggy haired kiddo in the world!

1 comment: