Saturday, July 3, 2010

camp, part two

I'm sorry for my brevity in my last post- I had a difficult time uploading the video and once I did I just wanted to get it posted. Shawn came back from camp yesterday evening, and Jude and I have been enjoying his company since. Of all the times Shawn has had to be out of town this week was by far the most smooth. Even eight months pregnant, I genuinely enjoyed my time with Jude and our friends. I did my best to plan "outings" each day to keep both Jude and I too busy to 1)miss Shawn too much, and 2)drive each other batty. My planned worked pretty dang well! I really feel as though a big reason this week was so pleasant is because I'm staying home and didn't have to worry about shuttling Jude to childcare and taking care of work responsibilities on top of everything else. My friend Rhonda also graciously kept Jude for me for several hours on Tuesday, which allowed me both the chance to sew and the chance to stop being "Mom" for a bit. Except for being Mom to Baby Deuce of course - couldn't quite figure out how find a sitter for him.

We took Wednesday and drove up to visit Daddy at camp, which was so much fun. Jude's getting old enough to notice when Shawn is gone, and I could tell it did his heart good to see his Daddy again. And I can't lie - it did my heart a world of good, too. We arrived at camp right in time for worship planning and practice, so Jude and I spent some time just playing and hanging out while Shawn worked (in the newly air conditioned worship center. air conditioning at camp?! geesh. kids these days).

We played with cars....

Rearranged some chairs...
Hung out with Gray...
Kicked the baseball...
And ran around having a ball...


The trip to camp is just about an hour and a half, and Jude did phenomenally well both ways! Shawn was able to sneak away and go to Chick Fil A with Jude and I for some much needed quality time, which meant the world to me. I miss going to camp, I miss being Shawn's partner in ministry at camp, I miss camp food, and I miss witnessing the baptisms and lives changed throughout the week. Still, I have to say that I did thoroughly enjoy my own bed and not sweating through three layers of clothes! Most importantly though, I'm grateful that Shawn's home safe and sound and I'm grateful that I didn't go into labor while he was gone. I'd say it was a successful week all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment