Friday, July 16, 2010

baby deuce update

In the last two weeks I've had two friends ask me if "Deuce" is really what we're naming our second child. It's funny to watch them try to be polite and not let the fact that they're weirded out show on their faces. So for the record - Baby Deuce is a nickname! We can be very strange...but not that strange.

We're still keeping the baby's actual name a secret, but I'll give you a couple of hints: 1-The name is not in any way affiliated with or related to The Beatles. 2-The name isn't a common name, but it's also not totally out in left field. You've probably heard of it, but most likely don't know anyone with the name.

I'm now 36 weeks and some change, and we were supposed to have our 36 week appointment this morning. I spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with contractions ranging from 3 -15 minutes apart, but they started picking up in intensity on Thursday. Shawn was scheduled to take students to an overnight conference tonight, so we thought we ought to visit the doctor to see if labor was impending. Things look just fine, but I'm still only dilated to a one. The news was at once a relief and a frustration. On one hand, it's defeating to realize that I was experiencing pain with no productivity. On the other hand, it was a relief to know we have at least a little more time to get things done.

Since our appointment, the contractions have lessened, and I'm enjoying being relatively pain free again. Shawn left this afternoon for his trip, and I'm currently watching a movie and putting my feet up in an effort to unswell them. I'm looking at the next few weeks with both extreme excitement and incredible trepidation.

For someone who hates not having control, I can't help but be in awe while God gives me no choice but to submit to Him and His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment