Wednesday, August 4, 2010

39 weeks!

It's hard to believe, but I am 39 weeks pregnant as of today. I know I say this often, but I feel like it was just yesterday that I sat across the kitchen table from Shawn and said, "I think I might be pregnant." I'm not sure that even now I've wrapped my mind around the fact that we'll soon be bringing home a newborn and our family will be a family of four. Yet here I sit - a rounded belly, a nursery ready, and a hospital bag packed.

I have to say that I have been doing considerably better since I whined yesterday. I was able to actually sleep for about twenty minutes while Jude napped yesterday and with the help of some Tylenol PM, I mostly slept through the night last night. I also realized that a big part of my migraines were because I'm grinding my teeth when I sleep (probably contributing to my lack of sleep, too). I used my mouth guard (I know....sexy!) last night and did NOT wake up with a headache! I still have this cold/cough deal, but with some decent sleep and no headache, that's nothin'. So many of you called/emailed/stopped by to check on me, and I really, really appreciate it. It was just one of those days where I felt overwhelmed and tired. I'm certain it won't be the last time, but I'm so blessed that so many people cared enough to make sure I was okay and give me suggestions for how to handle it all.

I'm hoping today to spend some time loving on Jude, make some peach muffins, do some ministry, and rest up for impending labor. Our next appointment is Friday morning, so if we don't go into labor before then, I'll be sure to update with any news!

No comments:

Post a Comment