Tuesday, August 3, 2010

all bets are off

I've been trying really hard to not complain throughout the pregnancy, and truthfully - I haven't had a lot to complain about. I still count myself grateful for a healthy pregnancy and being able to stay home, but I've definitely hit the miserable-end-of-pregnancy stage. I'm not sure why, but I've started having insomnia. Even though I'm exhausted, I can't sleep at night or for naps, I just lay in bed getting angrier and angrier with myself for not getting the sleep I know my body needs. I've had light migraines on and off for about a week now, which are just killing me and any productivity I might have. And then of course, I'm really starting to swell (my blood pressure is still very low, or else the headaches and swelling would make me want to be checked for preeclampsia) and I've been fighting a cold for about a week and a half now.

I think Jude may have my cold as he's been a little more whiny the past couple of days...his high pitched whining and my headaches/exhaustion have not been the most pleasant combination.

And then perhaps the worst of it all is that I realize the only way to stop these pregnancy symptoms is to have the baby. And I know that being pregnant is the easy part of having a baby - it's the newborn stage that is so challenging for me. So as tired and worn down as I'm feeling right now, I'm well aware that it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

And with that, I really will stop my pregnancy whining. Very soon I won't be pregnant any longer, and I'll miss feeling Baby Deuce move and being able to focus solely on Jude. Until then, I'll just keep plugging away! There - I'm all done with the whining!

1 comment:

  1. You might be able to think of it as a good sign that you're at the miserable stage!

    You might want to ask your practitioner if they are okay with you taking Tylenol PM at night to get some relief of body aches and get some sleep. My midwife suggested this at my last prenatal and related or not, Spencer was born a few days later :-)

    PS - Miles climbed up onto my lap while I was typing this and he saw the picture of Jude in his Halloween costume, pointed to Jude's tiny little picture and said "Paci!"

    ReplyDelete