Tuesday, August 31, 2010

push present

Have you ever heard of a push present? I'm pretty sure Shawn thinks I made up the entire idea. The basic gist is that a woman receives a nice present after she gives birth - usually some kind of jewelry. I can be a little picky about my jewelry, so I decided that instead of getting a necklace, I'd like a new handbag. I bought my red handbag soon after Jude was born, and it was getting more than a little worn. I figure if I keep buying a new bag with each child, I'll get a new one every two years at the rate we're going. So without further ado, behold my push present:

6 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I notice it's a little bigger than the first one. That makes sense, because now you'll have double the number of odd things that make their way into mommies' purses! Last week in church I found an infant rectal thermometer in my purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red one is looking a little tattered, so it's a good thing you had another kid! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice bag! Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for doing a nice little post that gets to the point on here, I can’t WAIT to get home and let Mitch read it! I think a push present is a WONFERFUL idea!
    Love Erica 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Shawn you made that up. I dropped more subtle hints to Zac. "Did you know that Martina McBride's husband gave her a pair of diamond earrings in the hospital right after their youngest daughter was born? He does it with each baby to say thanks for carrying them for nine months. Isn't that a sweet idea?" Twitch Twitch

    I got nothin'. Not even cheap wal-mart flowers. Your idea is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question (said like Dwight): Can you get a "push present" without actually having a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Krista, that's hilarious! My purse was finally becoming clear of most child-related things (minus the usual baggy of snacks), but looks like I'll be starting all over!
    2. Melissa, the red one was definitely in a sad, sad state!
    3. Erica, I'll be glad to drop more hints to Mitch if you want! :)
    4. Amanda, I definitely told Shawn that I was buying myself a new handbag as my push present...he didn't get my hints either. He DID however buy himself two new shirts as his "push present." Hmph.
    5. Anne, maybe you can get yourself a dog-poop-cleaning-up present? ;)

    ReplyDelete